Friday, August 15, 2014

August 15, 2014 - Roma Cafe - Mesa, Arizona

Today I was invited to have lunch with the ladies from 7th Street in the Las Palmos community.  They had chosen the Roma Cafe as the site.

I was given a choice between soup and salad with my entree.  I chose the soup because it was a bean soup.  The soup was quite hearty with lots of skinny…skinny pasta…and it wasn’t angel hair....vegetables and beans.




For my main entree  I ordered the Pasta Primavera...choosing the white sauce over the red sauce.
My main entrée was loaded with all types of vegetables….lots of pasta. There are a few things that I can be critical about, however…..the food tasted so bland…no pepper flakes….no grated cheese was offered to us or could be found on the table…they served us rolls…it would have been more conducive to serve us hard crusted bread like a baguette.



Carol Richmond ordered the lasagna.




Marty Nelson tried the manicotti:

The portions were huge.  I don’t think that I would ever return to this restaurant for another meal.  The best part of the whole experience was after the meal when our server told us in broken English. You-a come up to the front-a to py-a your-a bill.  I no-a make-a many trips back and a forth-a.  It just sounded so female Italian to me…and believe me since I am one…I can laugh at it.

Roma Café
7210 E. Main Street
Mesa, AZ 85207
(480) 654-0558

No comments:

Post a Comment