Thursday, March 12, 2015

March 10, 2015 - Wildflower Bread Company - Scottsdale, Arizona

I visited this evening with may daugher-in-law Jody Hayes and my grandson, Judson and Jonah.  I have eaten at this restaurant before this visit.  Anyway, I wasn't hungry...that is rare...I didn't order anything to eat.  Jonah ordered the penne with alfredo sauce.  Jody ordered her favorited the Chopped Salad.  Judson wasn't hungry either so he ordered this gigantic chocolate fudge brownie.  I am not a brownie fan so I am sorry to say I didn't even try a bite.

There was a sign on the table avertising their Creamy Coconut Custard Pie as a St. Paddy's Day special.  Jody said that she would have some if I bought a piece.  I had to do it because I can't seem to pass up any type of coconut pie.  I bought a pie and split it with Jody. The filling was great but the crust really subtracted from the pie. It was just a plain pie crust...and it didn't taste right with the pie.  I think there should have been a pie crust with lots of butter, coconut, flour or graham crackers.

I looked back in my notes and the only time I record a visit was November 20, 2012 with Jody.  I ordered the Wallflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich and a cup of Black Forest Lentil Soup.  Jody ordered the Chopped Salad.  I loved my soup.  The bread was delicious but the sandwich needed to have more cheese and less big thick slices of bread.

I have not ruled out this eatery as a place to stop for a meal.  I just have to try more menu items to see if I can find something that I like.  I really love Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.


Wildflower Bread Company
Sonoran Village North Scottsdale
15640 N. Hayden Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
(480) 991-5180

Hours  Monday - Friday: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
                             Saturday: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

                             Sunday: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment