Thursday, December 10, 2015

December 9, 2015 - Gertrude's - Phoenix, Arizona

Sandy Wilts, Carol and Mike Thompson spent the afternoon with me at the Desert Botanical Gardens.  I love walking the gardens where I am able to see and photograph cacti and succulents. They are rapidly becoming my passion.  Today the entrance was extremely beautiful with all of the poinsettias in the round concrete planter at the start of our walk to the admission area.





 On this walk we are able to see the beautiful pieces of  Chihuly glass.






We decided to have lunch at Gertrude's before our afternoon stroll.  Mike and Carol shared a Chicken Salad Wrap – BBQ Mayo, Celery, Apple, Fried Onions, Tomato, Jalapeno-Lime Slaw and served with Homemade Black Pepper Potato Chips. 





Sandy and I split the Gertie Burger – Arizona American Cheese, Smoked Onion-Bacon Spread, Lettuce, Tomato on an Arizona Brioche Bun  and served with Homemade Black Pepper Potato Chips.




I thought the meat in our burger tasted superb.  The burger was thick but the patties were loosely made…making very easy to eat. The Smoked Onion-Bacon Spread really accented the taste of the burger.  I really enjoyed this burger.

Gertrude’s
1201 N. Glavin Pkwy
Phoenix, Arizona 85008
(480) 719-8600
Hours:  Monday-Friday 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Saturday-Sunday  8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment