Thursday, April 28, 2016

April 27, 2016 - MV Pita - Mesa, Arizona

Sandy Wilts and I decided to give this restaurant a try.  It is just up the street from where we live.  It always surprises me how many good restuarants are in our area.  We are slowly finding them one by one.

Sandy tried the Chicken Kabob Sandwich.  She liked it.  Marinated chicken breast served on pita.  It was like a wrap.  I tried the MV Pita Sampler Platter…whoa!  Lots of food – Hummus, Gyro, Chicken Shawarma and Falafel.  Served with homemade pita and two different types of sauces.  One, of course, was my favorite cucumber sauce.  I loved the Falafel.  I had to bring half of it home.  It was filling.  The homemade falafel were absolutely the finest…chickpeas and spices rolled then deep fried to a crisp.  I could have just eaten falafels but both of the meats were delicious…and the hummus was perfect. It was a homemade creamy blend of chickpeas, lemon, garlic, topped with olive oil.

When we were about to burst at the seams they each of us a piece of homemade Baklava.  The flaky, copper-colored baklava is nutty and not too sweet.

Yes...to go boxes came home with us.

I saw on the menu that Lentil Soup is served.  I love lentil soup.  I planned to return and try that.

MV Pita Mediterranean Grill
1066 N. Power Road
Mesa, AZ 85205
(480) 247-9399
Hours:  Monday – Saturday  10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Sunday  11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment