Saturday, December 2, 2017

November 30, 2017 - Jalapeno Inferno - Scottsdale, Arizona

My friend, Carol Thompson was with me when we visited. 

Carol ordered the Tacos “Al Carbon” – flour tortillas filled with char-grilled marinated chicken breast, Monterey, jack and cheddar cheeses, avocado, onion, cilantro and tomatillo salsa.

I ordered the Chimichurri Steak Tacos – garlickly parsley olive oil based sauce on top of charred carne asada, cilantro, onion and jack cheese.

I really liked my entrée.  I ordered mine with flour tortillas so the server told me that since the flour tortillas are larger that I would be served two instead of the three that was listed on the menu.  They were served in a larger aluminum taco holder which was very hot.  I could see that the tortilla had been warmed up before being filled with large pieces of carne asada that tasted wonderful…and the cilantro, onion and cheese – rice that contained pieces of vegetables such as peas, carrots, green beans, etc.- and what the menu described as “fat burning: cole slaw.I liked it.  It contained chunks of apples in it.


I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.  And, I must remark that I loved the chips and salsa.  It was a mixture of corn and flour tortilla chips with a great tasting salsa that did not have a kick to it..but tasted really good.

Later that evening at home I realized that Jalapeno Inferno was a booth at the Notre Dame Preparatory High School Culinary Festival that attended the first part of November, 2017.  Our crowd was raving about the chips and salsa.  I love those flour tortilla chips.  Our waitress told us that we could always tell them just flour tortilla chips and not the mixture with the corn tortilla chips.

Our service was wonderful.  Our waitress was very attentive and helpful.  We asked if they had take out menus and she brought us two...she brought us more chips and salsa...she re-filled Carol's Diet Coke...and brought us doggie bags.

I plan to return because there are other items on the menu that I would like to try.

Jalapeno Inferno Bistro Mexicano
23587 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255
(480) 585-6442

There is also a second location at DC Ranch in Scottsdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment