Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 7, 2014 - Carrabba's Italian Grill - Scottsdale, Arizona

Jack and Judy Svendsen, Jody's parents invited all of us to join them at Carraba's for dinner.

The dinner list included:  Joshua and Jody Hayes, Judson and Jonah Hayes, Jack and Judy Svendsen and myself.

It was good to see Jack and Judy again.  I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving weekend, 2012.  They live in North Phoenix during the winter months...then spend the summer at the cabin along beautiful Flathead Lake near Polson, Montana.

Judson ordered the Shrimp and Scallops Linguine alla Vodka – sautéed shrimp and scallops tossed with linguine in homemade vodka tomato cream sauce.  Joshua ordered the Johnny Rocco Salad – wood-grilled shrimp, scallops, roasted red peppers, ricotta salata, romaine lettuce and mixed greens in Italian vinaigrette.   Both Judson and Joshua thought this sauce for the pasta tasted good.
Judy ordered Linguine Clams – linguine tossed with clams, scallions and  Carrabba’s white wine cream sauce.   Both Judy and my meal was a special that was order the meal and get a second dish of your meal to share with the rest of the table.  Pretty interesting.
Jonah ordered Ravioli after the kids menu.

Jack ordered Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – medallions wood-grilled and topped with Carrabba’s port wine fig sauce.  Jack’s meal was the tastiest I thought…the sauce was light and sweet.  It complimented the port very well.  I would order that if I ever returned to this restaurant.


I ordered the Conchiglie Bolognese – shell shaped pasta tossed in homemade Bolognese meat sauce topped with freshly grated ricotta salada. Mine was pretty basic...but I love Bolognese meat sauce with any type of pasta...and this was tasty.  My first time ever of having ricotta salata grated over the top of my pasta.
Jody ordered Veal Marsala – sautéed and topped with mushrooms, prosciutto and Carrabba’s Lombardo Marsala wine sauce. I didn't try Jody's meal....but she said that it was delicious.

Judson and I each chose soup with our meal.  We tried the Lentil, Sausage and Bean.  It was delicious and had quite a bite to it.  Judy choose also chose soup – Mama Mandola’s Sicilian Chicken Soup.  It also had quite a bite to it.

It tasted as if our soup as the Italian hot peppers had been blended with the lentils, seeds and all….quite unique.
We met at the restaurant at 6:00 p.m.  Apparently Happy Hour was occurring because everyone who ordered a glass of wine received a larger one for the price.  Not bad.
I must confess I am not a pasta lover, Italian that I am so I probably wouldn't pick this restaurant for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment