Friday, October 16, 2015

October 15, 2016 - Old Town Tortilla Factory - Scottsdale, Arizona

I went to Thursday Night Art walk in Scottsdale with Irma Heasley and Lois Rowe...two of my favorite ladies who live in Las Palmas with me.  We decided to go early and have dinner at the Old Town Tortilla Factory.

I ordered the Old Town Tacos – huge grilled shrimp, grilled strips of chicken and strips of grilled beef were served with black beans…rice cortez…pico de gallo….shredded lettuce…with which I could build my own tacos in the flour tortillas that I chose over the corn tortillas.  Served with a green sauce that had quite a bite to it.  I also tried the Treasure Margarita – El  Torso Reposado, Gran Marnier and fresh citrus juice.  It came in my own shaker.  The cost of $12.50 looks high at the onset… but I did get three glasses out of it…so not too bad.

I really enjoyed my meal...and from the looks of them and the comments I would also have enjoyed either of Irma's or Lois' meals.  I would return to the Old Town Tortilla Factory again for dinner.  the only negative comment is that they won't do separate checks and that might keep me away.  Why?  Simply because I believe in Customer Service.  That small rule...printed very boldy on the menu does not convey an interest in my needs as a customer.  Plus the restaurant is in a metroplitan area where many singles live.  Do what fits the needs of your customer.

When the margarita was brought to me our wait staff who was wonderful showed me how to shake the shaker without losing the top..and she brought us hot tortillas with a spicy jalapeno butter.  Very nice.

My Treasure Margarita complete with a shaker.  Irma Heasley is smiling in the background.


The hot tortillas with the spicy jalapeno butter that were served to us with our drinks.


Irma ordered Green Enchiladas – chicken, cheese and corn tortillas covered with tomatillo sauce, sour cream served with rice cortez and black beans. Lois ordered the Tostaditas – 3 mini tostadas covered in marinated beef, onion, tomatoes and lettuce.  Topped with cheese and drizzled with chipotle sour cream.

I don't know if it the excitement of seeing our main entrees...the margarita...or the good conversation...but I forgot to take pictures when we were served our meals.  Darn!


We chose to sit out on the patio…good choice.  It was a lovely patio night plus we were right on the fringes of the young people at Happy Hour

Old Town Tortilla Factory
6910 E. Main Street
Scottsdale, Arizona  85251
(480) 945-4567
Hours:  Sunday – Thursday  5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
                             Friday – Saturday 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment