Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 11, 2016 - Steak and Stone of Mesa - Mesa, Arizona

One of my high school classmates, Kitty Kase Williams, is in Arizona for a couple of months.  We usually get together once and a while during her stay. We decided to visit Steak and Stone for the first time together for dinner.   We split a rib eye steak…Kitty had the Baked Sweet Potato and the Salad Bar…we bought a second side, the Baked Potato loaded for me and another salad bar for me.

They bring the raw steak to your table along with a stone slab that is heated to 500 degrees.  You cut it up in chunks or strips as I did…and cook it to owever way you like steaks…Kitty likes her rare…I like mine medium well..how wonderful..


Our steak cooking on the 500 degree stone slab.

They also served a small loaf of hot out of the oven bread with lots of butter.  I really like that.


The hot...just out of the oven loaf of bread to two different butters.  You can also see Kitty's Baked Sweet Potato in the backgorund.

The salad bar was very fresh from the lettuce (there were several types) to the cucumbers, beets, cottage cheese…and the various choices of other salads.  Lots of croutons, toppings.  I thought it was swell.  I thought the rib eye could have been a little better… more tender for the price of $33…but it was tasty so I wasn’t complaining.  My baked potato was absolutely wonderful…baked perfectly…just as I like it…split open…and I really liked that…covered with onions, bacon and cheese.



Our salads...very fresh...check out the big jars of ice water.

I would go back there again.

Steak and Stone of Mesa
2613 N.  Thunderbird Circle
Mesa, AZ 85215

(480) 830-6100
Hours:  Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Sunday 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment