Sunday, May 21, 2017

May 20, 2017 - Dominick's Steakhouse - Scottsdale, Arizona


Today was my grandson's 15th birthday.  He chose Dominick's Steakhouse for his birthday dinner.

After we ordered drinks we were served a small hot cast iron skillet of rolls.  They were delicious.  You did not need butter on them.  They had a crunchy crust…sprinkles of parmesan cheese and oil.  Just pull off tiny pieces of the roll on your bread plate and enjoy.



Our appetizer was the Seafood Tower – Oysters – half from the west coast and half from the east coast – Judson liked the west coast oysters the best; and Shrimp – those very large, large tasty shrimp.  One shrimp was sufficient for me.  Along with a tray of three sauces – Atomic Horseradish, Creamy Mustard and Cocktail Sauce.  The Cocktail Sauce was house-made.  It tasted perfect to me…just as I like it.  In the center of the tower was a dish of Champagne Mignonetti.  I really liked the taste of it.

Birthday Boy Judson ordered the Steak Farina – bone-in filet with a fried egg served with grilled garlic toast. 



I ordered the Petite Filet Mignon (8 ounces).   I ordered it “medium” and it was served exactly as I wanted.  I shared my steak with Jonah.  Their steak is aged for 25 days.

Jody ordered the Bone-In Short Rib – braised and served with peppercorn sauce.  Joshua ordered the Sea Bass.

We chose three sides – after much discussion Judson prevailed with the Hand Cut Fries – sea salt – truffle oil and shaved parmesan.  I tried several and they were delicious.  Even his Father tried several after trying to persuade him to order the  Mashed Potatoes;  Sauteed Sweet Corn – with cilantro and chopped parsley; Roasted Brussels Sprouts – sea sale and crisp bacon.

For dessert Judson chose the Chocolate Torte with raspberry sauce for his birthday treat.  It was served with a Caramel Nut Sea Salt Gelato.  It tried about three big tablespoons and it was delicious.  Of course, I loved the gelato.  If you know me…you know that any gelato is my favorite.

And…an order of beignets served with vanilla sauce and chocolate sauce.  Delicious!


Great ambiance and impeccable service.

Dominick’s Steakhouse
15169 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85654
(480) 272-7271
dominickssteakhouse.com
Hours: Sunday – Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
            Friday – Saturday 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment