Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19, 2017 - Merci french cafe & patisserie - Scottsdale, Arizona

Tanya Connor took me to her favorite dining spot today.  I ordered the Quiche with scallop and bacon with Parmesan and ricotta cheese.  Now that was a slice of quiche.  It was almost like a slice of cake…close to almost 2” high in a delicious crust.  The texture was perfect..and the scallop pieces and the bacon was perfect.  It was served with a very large fresh salad and a very savory dressing.




Scallop and Bacon Quiche

Tanya ordered the Classic Burger without a bun.  It was also served with a huge salad that was exactly like mine…and there were also these delicious tasting herb French Fries.




Classic  Beef Burger

I couldn’t pass up the mouth watering desserts…all homemade.  I ordered the Milk Chocolate Tart…the crust was of fine crumbs and melted butter…topped with toffee chips. ...ganache with milk chocolate and salty caramel.  Yummy! The chocolate was absolutely marvelous.  There was a then dark chocolate banner that read “Merci”.




Milk Chocolate Tart

I want to visit for dinner.  I believe that I will return many times....making my list of people to invite to join me.

For lunch one goes to the counter and orders what is desired….then pays at the counter.  It is brought to your table when ready.  I felt the entire staff was very friendly and helpful.


Tanya goes to Merci quite often.  She knows everyone so she introduced me to Chef and owner Duc Liao.  She later told me that he  was once a Parisian fashion photographer.  You could see that in all the decorating of the café.

Merci french café & patisserie
7620 E. Indian School Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 947-2777
mercifrenchcafe.com
Hours:  Monday - Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
             Wednesday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
             Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

It is located in a small free standing shopping area located on Miller just south of Camelback.  I must check out the address above to see what is at that address...but I didn't feel it was on E. Indian School Road.

Price Range:  $=under $10 - $$= $11-$15 for lunch $$$= $16-$25 for dinner.  Very affordable in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment