Thursday, June 21, 2018

June 14, 2018 - La Madeleine French Bakery and Café - Gilbert, Arizona


I visited with Janet Hastings on June 14, 2018 after a bridge game in Sun Lakes. Janet and I each ordered the Salade Sampler(a choice of three salads.  We each ordered two salads and a cup of soup.) Janet ordered the Cranberry and Pecan Wild Field – sweet dried ccranberries, toasted pecans and field greens tossed in balsamic vinegar.

Both of us chose the Strawberry and Bacon Spinach – fresh strawberries, crisp bacon, sliced mushrooms, toasted pecans, red bell pepper and fresh spinach tossed  in balsamic vinegar.

I chose their Original Caesar for my second salad – crisp romaine, homemade croutons, fresh shredded parmesan and their homemade Caesar dressing.

Both of us ordered a cup of French Onion Soup in place of the third salad.  I didn’t care for it because it wasn’t what I like for French Onion Soup…I want my onion broth covered with a slice of baguette and covered with soup…and baked.

I will visit again because there are other items I want to try but I am never ordering the French Onion Soup again.



La Madeleine French Bakery and Café
2156 E. Williams Field Road #101
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
(480) 485-8490
Hours:  Open Daily 6:30 a.m. – 10:00p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment