Wednesday, September 4, 2019

August 31, 2019 - Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar - Scottsdale, Arizona


I vsited with  Kitty Williams, Carol and Mike Thompson.  This was my first visit ever.  I didn’t even know there was a restaurant in the Tommy Bahama store in Kierlan Commons.

Started with drinks – Carol ordered the Pain Chiller – pineapple, orange, cream of coconut, nutmeg.  Mike ordered the Painkiller #2 which was exactly like Carol’s only with Pusser’s.  Kitty ordered Lemonade…and I ordered the Breakfast Bloody Mary – served with two small pieces of pecan bacon, a small biscuit and a small hard boiled egg!  I loved it…especially the presentation.


Breakfast Blood Mary


Starters:  Kitty and I ordered the Lump Blue Crab Bisque – in a broth of sherry and cream, topped with Herb Crushed Croutons.  Delicious!  I loved it.  Next time I am just going to order a big bowl of this.

Carol and Mike shared the World Famous Coconut Shrimp served with a Papya-Mango Chutney and cole slaw.

We were served a small pan of bread that broke into four pieces…hot from the oven…steaming when we pulled them apart…and served with a cinnamon maple type of butter.  Just delicious!

Entrées:  Kitty and I each ordered the Crispy Cod Sandwich – beer battered cod with Honey roasted Onion, Island Tarter Sauce and Fries.  It was a huge piece of thick cod which was moist inside and crispy on the outside..served in this great bun with the caramelized onions (sweet), slices of dill pickle, lettuce and tomato.  It was huge. Both Kitty and I brought half home each in a box.



Crispy Cod Sandwich

Mike and Carol shared the Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich – topped with Monterey Jack, Garlic Aioli, Jerk Sauce and Crispy Onions…served with Jerk Yucca Fries.

Kitty brought home a piece of their famous Pina Colada Cake – four layers with a fluffy frosting and topped with toasted coconut.  (My Mother always used toasted coconut..and I haven’t eaten any since she died.  I was in seventh heaven.) 

Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar

15205 N. Kierland Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
(480) 505-3668
Hours:  Monday – Friday opens at 11:00 a.m.
             Saturday – Sunday open at 10:00 a.m.
              Happy Hours:  3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.  Daily
             Live Music:  Monday – Friday 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
                                   Saturday – Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment