Friday, November 24, 2023

November 11, 2023 - The Collins Small Bite Kitchen - Phoenix, Arizona

 My friend, Kelli Jo Welk, treated me to lunch at this very nice restaurant because I take her to the airport when she flies home...and let her park her car in my patio driveway. Kelli is pretty darn wonderful.

This was my first visit.  I loved ambience.  The service was great.

 I ordered the Bistro Burger - havarti . vine tomatoes . red onion . dressed arugula . dijon . mayo served on a Noble brioche bun and I chose the Collins Cashew Coleslaw…and asked for little cup of the truffle aioli to put on my burger.  Delicious!

 The coleslaw was creamy and it was served with what looked with roasted cashews.  I liked it.

 Kelli ordered the Chicken and Brie Sandwich -  dressed arugula . truffle aioli . spicy tomato jam . Noble seeded baguette and chose the shoestring potatoes served with truffle aioli for dipping.  Kelli insisted that I try the shoestring potatoes and the aioli…yummy.  If I ever came back to this restaurant I would order the shoestring potatoes.  They were very good. 

 Dessert:  Coconut Cream Pie…was it ever tasty…forks around. A graham cracker crust and a very thick coconut cream filling…with whipped cream on top.  I should have taken pictures…but I was busy eating…and visiting with Kelli Jo.


The Collins Small Bite Kitchen
Biltmore Plaza
3160 E. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
(602) 730-3533
Hours:  Monday – Wednesday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Thursday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
              Sunday - Closed 


No comments:

Post a Comment