Wednesday, November 15, 2023

November 14, 2023 - Gertrude's Restaurant - Phoenix, Arizona

 This will be the third time that I have written about this restaurant.  The other two were December 10, 2015...and March 8, 2022...I love the food here...and the ongoing changing of the menu.

Today Peg Hartman and I went to the Desert Botanical Garden to see the Ferando Botero Exhibtion within the gardens...and it was lovely.  He is one of my favorites because he draws, paints and creates bronzes of chubby people.

Peg and I always have lunch at Gertrude's when we visit the Botanical Garden.

Peg and I started with drinks: Diet Coke for me.  Pinot Grigio Ramato, Sun Goddess, Italy for Peg…she gave me a sip…excellent…the best pinot grigio ever...Peg is on the hunt now.

 Starter – Elote Fritters – roasted corn, fermented chilis, cilantro-lime aioli, cortjja and achiote. These were just absolutely the best.  I could have just eaten these for my meal and had been perfectly happy.




Elote Fritters

 
I ordered the Lentil Chop Bowl – lentil medley, red onions, grape tomatoes, herbs, achiote roasted carrots, Sonoran nopales, crisp garbanzo, orange- sumac vinaigrette.  It came just like a very fancy chop salad with lines of ingredients.  My favorites were the carrots and the crisp garbanzo beans. Lots of lentils - served cold and highlighted by the great orange-surmac vinaigrette which brough out the flavor of everything on the plate.



Lentil Chopped Bowl

 Peg ordered the Root Salad – mesciun, root veggies, dried fruit, sunflower kernel, sunflower-Thai vinaigrette. I tasted the dressing and it was marvelous.

 Plus our added bonus was Michael our waiter…who answered every question and gave all types of information…he is a keeper.  He made our lunch that more enjoyable.

Gertrude’s Restaurant
Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Pkwy
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(480) 719-8600
Hours:  Monday  - Friday 10:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
             Saturday  - Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m


No comments:

Post a Comment