Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 21, 2015 - Brio Tuscan Grille - Gilbert, Arizona

I went to Happy Hour with  Irma Heasley, Sandy Wilt and Annette Savory. 

I ordered a beer- was served Peroni – one of Italy’s golden lagers with a clean, smooth finish (this is the beer that I always drink in Italy.  I was a happy camper.), Sandy a glass of Pinot Grigio, Irma, no drink and Annette a White Peach Sangria- Peach Nectar, Fresh Berries and Citrus Fruits, Peach Schnapps and Chardonnay, served on the rocks.

Our bar food order included:  Irma ordered the Black Pepper Shrimp – Spicy Pan Seared Shrimp, Romano Crusted Eggplant, Black Petter Cream Sauce.  I ended up liking this the best.  The sauce had a kick to it…but it was  delicious.  I would never have ordered it because I don't like eggplant...but this was delicious.  I think it is going to make me re-think eggplant.

Sandy ordered the roasted Garlic, Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Flatbread…and the flatbread had just the right herbs and cheese coating.  It was very tasty.

Annette ordered the Sausage and Pepperoni Ricotta Flatbread – Mozzarella, Provolone, housemade tomato sauce…it was the great flatbread crust..and a perfect Italian tasting sauce over the sausage and pepperoni…great pizza. 

I ordered the Brio Burger – Provolone, roasted Tomato Mayonnaise served with homemade chips.  Great tasting meat the at was grilled to order.  The Tomato Mayonnaise gave it a little spice.  Went great with the provolone cheese…it came served…cut into quarters…perfect way to serve that as bar food.

An order of Cripsy eggplant Fries - served with creamy horseradish, Pomodoro Sauce


I would definitely come back here for Happy Hour.

Brio Tuscan Grill
San Tan Village
2150 E. Williams Field Road
Gilbert.  Arizona
Happy Hour – 3:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday – Friday in the bar

No comments:

Post a Comment