Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 21, 2015 - The Broken Yolk - Mesa, Arizona

I visited on June 21, 2015 with Sandy Wilts.  I ordered the Biscuits and Gravy.  The gravy was so thin it ran all over the dish…and the pieces of sausage in the gravy were minute.  The claim was that the biscuits were homemade…but they were kind of flat…no Early Bird from the Helena biscuits and gravy here…they weren’t even in the same arena.  


Sandy ordered the Eggs Benedict. Sandy said that her second egg tasted better than her first egg.  It wasn’t like any Eggs Benedict that I ever saw Jo order….Sandy’s ran all over the plate too.  I must confess here that I have never ordered any Eggs Benedict and I don’t believe that I ever will…for some unknown reason I don’t like basted eggs…and I really don’t care for Canadian Bacon….so much for Eggs Benedict.  It really is, I believe, that I don’t like all of my breakfast menu on a bun, roll or English muffin.   I never have eaten any of those breakfast sandwiches anywhere.  Enough for confessions today. 

I would never go there again.


You can see how runny the gravy was.  The plate of fresh fruit though was very tasty.  It was a good size portion.

The Broken Yolk

2034 E. Southern
Mesa, AZ
(480) 892-9655

No comments:

Post a Comment