Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August 9, 2016 - Moreno's Mexican Grill - Mesa, Arizona

We have a new restaurant in our neighborhood.  I thought I would try the food for the first time this afternoon...on my way to play duplicate bridge.  The monsoon moved in...and pounded on us.  I was happy to be inside.

I have watched these people over the last few months renovate a store front in the mall just south of Main Street.  I was excited to see that they were open for business.

I ordered the Crab Relleno – mostly because my server said to try something with their creamy sauce…so I did.  Fresh roasted green chile stuffed with crab meat and topped with the creamy sauce.  Served with rice and beans.

The chips were served with three small bowls of sauce…my favorite was the green sauce but this was different from any green sauce that I have ever eaten.  It took me a couple of bites to get used to it…sweet…garlicy.  The red sauce was blended…and once again didn’t have a really hot taste to it…neither did. The third was a blended refried bean sauce.  It was okay but not one of my favorites.


The stuffed green chile was tasty.  It was stuffed and then I feel that it was deep fried.  Even the stem was battered and tasted very good…it was yummy.  I did like the creamy sauce, too. It was a light…but not white sauce with cilantro in it. It gave the whole plate a different taste. It was a different type of Mexican food but I liked it.  I will be returning for a bite to eat.  Lots on the menu that I want to taste.

Moreno’s Mexican Grill
6819 E. Main Street
Mesa, AZ 85207
(480) 807-3093

No comments:

Post a Comment