Thursday, November 17, 2016

November 16, 2016 - D'vine Bistro and Wine Bar - Mesa, Arizona

I had lunch today with Jeanne and Willie Stecher at D'Vine.  We were celebrating Jeanne's 70th birthday.


Willie ordered the Cheese Pizza and added Pepperoni.

Jeanne and I each chose the Southwest Salmon Cake Salad …it was delicious….mixture of greens, red onions, sliced cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado slices, roasted corn cotija, sweet jalapeno vinaigrette topped withe two salmon patties and habanero sauce.  I was worried about ordering this entrée because that’s how I came to not eat salmon.  My Mother made us millions of salmon patties during Lent as we grew up…only she used the salmon out of can.  Gosh, I hated that stuff.  It was many…many years later as I spent lots of time with Jo Martin that I ventured a try of salmon again…and that fresh salmon is just pretty darn good.  The patties had a light batter mixture.  They were very thin but loaded with salmon.  I was happy with my meal.


Southwest Salmon Cake Salad

They brought us a crème brulee for Jeanne’s birthday celebration…forks around.  How nice!  We were sitting on the patio.  In true Arizona fashion when the waiter…Jacob…brought out the crème brulee with a candle in the middle..everyone on the patio sang “Happy Birthday” to Jeanne.

D’vine Bistro and Wine Bar
2837 N. Power Road
Mesa, Arizona 85215
(480) 654-4171
Hours:  Monday – Wednesday  11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
            Thursday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.

            Sunday 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment