Thursday, December 8, 2016

December 7, 2016 - Chelsea's Kitchen - Phoenix, Arizona

I met  my friend Kellie Jo Welk for dinner.  We decided just to order the soup of the day – Pozole with Tortilla Chips – it was a thin red, spicy broth with the pozole and chips. Fresh cheese was scattered over the top.  It had a bit of a kick but was delicious.  I was busy visiting…but I think there was a touch of kale in the soup. This restaurant seems to use a lot of kale.  I thought it was the perfect soup.      

Both Kelli and I decided to order the Corn Bread with Green Chile starter and the Chicken Nachitos starter.  The chips were very good as was the homemade guacamole.  The salsa was served on the side. Sour cream and slice jalapenos also were served on the platter.  The pieces of chicken were large.  I thought the plate was delicious when served hot.  So we must have really been visiting because I didn’t think it tasted that good once it was cold.  I don’t know if I would order this particular starter again on another visit.

The Homemade Corn Bread with Green Chile was served hot in a square shaped pan.  The top of the bread was really crusted and all the spilling over and dripping down batter was baked onto the side of pan…just yummy!  I thought there was too much green chile in the bread as did Kelli.  I decided to take the leftover home and try it in the morning which I did.  It was delicious…still very moist and the green chiles were not a dominant taste in the cold bread.  I would try this again.

The service was very nice.  I arrived early and was able to be seated at the table by the fireplace.  This was perfect because I have been freezing lately in the evenings.  It is a small restaurant but very put together.  I liked the way we really couldn’t hear any of the people sitting around us.

As one leaves, feel free to grab a chocolate chip cookie with sea salt on the way outside…grab a bunch if you feel like it.  I just took one…and Kelli tasted a piece of my cookie.  Nice touch!


I also would like to return for another visit and try the Short Rib Tacos.  I would also like to try one of the hamburgers on the menu.  I will be back.

Chelsea’s Kitchen
5040 N. 40th Street
Phoenix, Arizona
(602) 957-2555
Hours:  Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
             Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
             Sunday 9:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment