Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 6, 2017 - English Rose Tea Room - Carefree, Arizona

I visited on January 6, 2017 with my cousin Loy Ann Patrick Chvilicek and my sister, Jeanne Rae Patrick Stecher.  This was my first visit because from the first time I ever saw the tea room I wanted to make sure my cousin would visit with me and have tea.  My cousin operated Lady Loy Ann’s Tea Parties for years in Montana.  She is one of these people who loves all things Victorian.  She lives in an Victorian home in Helena, Montana.

We were seated out on the patio…and it was cold but we were served a tea pot of Chocolate Rose Tea…the first offering of the Valentine’s Day season.  I really liked the taste of it.  Loy Ann told us that at a tea party the person who serves the tea is call “Mom”.  Guess who was Mom?  Just call me Mom from now on.  It was steeped tea and we used the lovely silver strainers to grab all of the loose tea.  I love drinking steeped loose tea.

Loy Ann ordered the Baker’s Jacket – a baked potato…and she could choose one of five fillings for the potato.  She chose the Cottage Cheese and pineapple. It was served with a side salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, celery and cucumber.  She chose the raspberry vinaigrette dressing. 


Baker's Jacket with a Cottage Cheese and Pineapple Filling


 Jeanne ordered the Soup & Scone.  The soup of the day was Creamy Chicken and Dumpling.  It was served with a homemade cheddar and dill scone.  It was large and looked so yummy. 



Soup and Scone - Creamy Chicken Dumping Soup with a Cheddar Cheese and Dill Scone
I decided to try the Cottage Pie – tasty lean ground beef, mixed with veggies and rich gravy, topped with a mashed potato crust.  It was served with a side salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, celery and cucumber.  I also chose the vinaigrette dressing.

Cottage Pie


We also ordered dessert – Loy Ann – the Christmas English Pudding with a custard sauce and clotted cream…it was a dark rich cake – it tasted so English.  I loved it.  Jeanne ordered the Petit Fours – lemon tart, carrot cake, chocolate dipped strawberry, chocolate truffle stuffed with a delightful strawberry cream, the cutest pink macaroon and a lavender shortbread cut out cookie dusted with confectioners’ sugar.


 Christmas English Pudding



Petit Fours - Chocolate Dipped Strawbery, Carrot Cake, Lavendar Shortbread Cookie, Macaroon and the Chocolate Truffle infused with Strawberry Cream.

The Lemon Tart is missing because Jeanne had already sampled it before I could take the picture. She is truly my sister.

English Rose Tea Room

201 Easy Street #103
Carefree, Arizona 85377
(480) 488-4812
Hours:  Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
             Sunday 11:00 – 4:00 p.m.
            Call for reservations


“The first cup moistens my lips”
“The second cup breaks my loneliness”
“The third cup searches my barren entrails”
“The fourth cup raises a slight perspiration”
“The fifth cup purifies me”
“The sixth cup calls me to the realm of the immortals”
“The seventh…I can take no more”

-          Unknown Chinese Poet from Teas from Around the World









No comments:

Post a Comment