Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 8, 2017 - Mastro's - Scottsdale, Arizona

I visited on January 8, 2017 with Sandy Wilts and Heinz Baumgaertner.  We were celebrating Sandy’s birthday.  Heinz ordered a Dungeness Crab Cocktail.  I did taste a couple pieces.  I loved the cocktail sauce. It had a little bite to it. I also tried the tartar sauce but my favorite was the cocktail sauce.

Sandy and I each ordered the Petite Filet – 8 oz.  of 28-day aged filet mignon …both of us like it grilled medium well…just a little pink. It was so tender..and the taste was so full…I like to describe the whole filet experience as “smooth”.  Sandy ordered Grilled Asparagus as her side..and I ordered the Caesar Salad.  Heinz ordered the Bone-In Rib Eye – Kansas City Style.  He gave me a piece…a large piece to taste.  Delicious…and this steak was “hearty” but ever so tender and “smooth”.  His side was Mushrooms…OMG!...dripping in butter and sautéed to perfection.  What an absolutely filling and delicious meal.

They server brought out a birthday dessert for Sandy….Mastro’s Signature Warm Butter Cake.  I could have sworn that it was soaked in rum but the server told us that it wasn’t but was often mistaken as such.  There was a huge scoop of ice cream and on top the cake along with strawberries …plus this silver dish of wonderful whipped cream.  “Happy Birthday” was written in chocolate sauce script on the plate.

Heinz handed me the knife to cut and serve the cake.  I decided that as long as I was the “Mom” serving the tea the other day at the tea room I should also be called the “Mom” since I was the cake cutter and cake server.  It was delicious..and of course buttery with a sugary crust. 


The service was perfect.  I can’t complement that enough.  But what I really liked was the dining room was separated from the bar with glass. Lovely!  The dining room was quiet…made dinner visiting very relaxed and easy.

Mastro’s City Hall
Camelback Executive Park
6991 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, Arizona  85251
(480) 941-4700
Hours:  Sunday – Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
             Friday – Saturday 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. 




No comments:

Post a Comment