Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 22, 2017 - The Old Spaghetti Factory - Phoenix, Arizona

I visited on January 22, 2017 with Irma Heasley, Donna Dugenske and Judy Heath. We started by ordering the Shrimp, Spinach and Artichoke Dip – a hot cheesy blend of Bay Shrimp, spinach and artichoke hearts sautéed with brandy, cream, fresh herbs and Romano cheese.  Served with toasted rustic bread.  I was disappointed with the bread…it was just slices that looked as if they were put into the Panini machine.

Donna and I ordered the Lasagna – layers of noodles, Marinara Sauce, ground beef and pork and four delicious cheeses. It was okay…but not the best I have ever eaten….too much noodle and not enough meat.  Irma ordered the Spicy Spaghetti Vesuvius – a spicy blend of tender all natural chicken, sausage and diced meatballs with green peppers and onions.  Seasoned with Tabasco and cayenne pepper. She gave me a taste…and I thought it was quite wonderful…especially the taste of the green peppers in the sauce…it did have a big kick to it.

Judy chose the Gourmet Jumbo Crab Ravioli – large ravioli stuffed with savory crab meat and ricotta cheese topped with a rich Pesto Alfredo Sauce.

The meal came with a choice of soup or salad.  Donna, Irma and I chose the salad with blue cheese dressing…but I must say…I didn’t really think it was blue cheese dressing.  Judy chose the soup – Minestrone.  This course was served with a lovely, hot load of bread…and butter.

The three-course meal also included dessert.  We all chose the spumoni ice cream.  I was so excited.  We were just talking a few days ago that we hadn’t seen any spumoni ice cream in the grocery stores in the Valley.  I loved it.  A perfect ending to our Italian afternoon.


I most likely would never choose to eat at the restaurant again…but if a friend wanted to go there…I would…just for the spumoni ice cream.  Maybe I could just order a big bowl of spumoni.

The Old Spaghetti Factory
1518 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
(602) 257-0380
Hours:  Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
             Friday 11:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
             Saturday  11:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
             Sunday  11:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment