Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 16, 2018 - Snooze, An A. M. Eatery - Gilbert, Arizona

I visited one of my favorite breakfast spots with Sandy Wilts after a medical appointment.  I have covered this restaurant before this on my blog...something I never do...but I thought this one needed some more coverage.  I love creativity of this restaurant.  I return time and time again.  (You are able to view my first blog on February 8, 2018.)

Sandy ordered the Ooo La La Frittala – cage free egg whites filled with a fresh asparagus and mushroom salad, sliced zucchini and house-made pistou….topped with arugula, heirloom cherry tomatoes, citronette and grated Parmesan.  Sandy loved her meal.


Pistou is a Provencal cold sauce made form cloves of garlic, fresh basil, and olive oil…somewhat similar to the Liguarian sauce pesto without the pine nuts.

Citronette is a dressing of orange zest, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot and olive oil





                                                              Ooo La La Frittala

I ordered the Breakfast Pot Pie – homemade rosemary sausage gravy served over a puff pastry…served with an egg (I chose scrambled) and this 2” high circular mound of hash browns…my one side – a Bluebarry Danish Pancake – buttermilk pancake topped with blueberry coulis, sweet cream and almond streusel surrounding a center of lemony cream cheese filling (no not a big one, just a small one to taste.)

Blueberry coulis is a sauce of blueberries, sugar, water, cornstarch, lemon juice…thickened until lightly bubbly.



Blueberry Danish Pancake




Breakfast Pot Pie

Snooze, an A. M. Eatery

310 N. Gilbert Road
Gilbert, Arizona 85234
(480) 664-4488
Hours:  Daily 6:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment