Wednesday, October 3, 2018

September 25, 2018 - Osteria - Mesa, Arizona

I visited with our bridge ladies for our monthy "dining out". 

I was looking forward to this visit.  What a disappointment. None of the staff really acted as if they knew what to do..and most of them didn’t.  Service was very slow. 

Marilyn ordered the Farm Greens Salad with Gorgonzola Cheese, Carrot, Cucumber, Radish and Oregano.  She liked her salad…and it looked fresh and tasty.

Four of us decided to order the Tagliatelle Bolognese…Cathy and Sally, Janet and I each split a Caesar Salad.  It was okay…what I liked was being able to taste the anchovies.

Finally they brought some bread and oil to the table…now I am Italian and I might be mistaken but I have never eaten sour dough bread with my pasta.  Really?  Soon…here comes the pasta…and each of us ordered the same pasta dish but they brought two…and then two halves…so what the heck Janet and I split that order.  The pasta was all clumped together.  It looked as if it was left sitting after it was strained but never rinsed.  I thought the sauce was just too bland…plus it was too dry…as was the pasta.  The main entrees were not hot.  The four of us were very disappointed.

We had to ask for salt and pepper.  But what really galled me was – I am Italian – once they served the pasta no one asked if any of us  would like grated cheese on your entrée…there wasn’t even a shaker or dish of grated cheese on the table.  That is unacceptable for me.

We asked for cheese…and they brought it to us…acting as if they were so surprised that we would expect grated cheese on our pasta. 

When I manager or lead came to the table to see how the meal was Cathy was very emphatic about how terrible it was.  To his credit he said he would make that good and he did.  He didn’t charge Cathy for her meal.  But by now there was no changing anyone’s mind…the meal was just the worst!

I doubt that I would ever return.

Osteria
5609 E. McKellips Road Suite A111
Mesa, AZ  85215
(480) 300-5404
osteriausa.com
Hours:  Monday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
              Tuesday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
              Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
               Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment