Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 14, 2019 - Caldwell County BBQ - Gilbert, Arizona

I visited with my two nieces Mary Ellen and Sumer for dinner..and a nice long visit.


We ordered a pound of brisket but he gave us 1.25 pounds…the poop…1/ 4 lb of pulled pork…a pint of Mac ‘n Cheese, a pint of Lemon Poppy Seed Cole Slaw and a pint of Aunt Susan’s Corn Casserole.  There was lots to take home.

The meat was cooked so well…and tender…it just fell apart…all of the sides were very good.  The Corn Casserole was very creamy.  Mac n Cheese was perfect…not too creamy..just right. My favorite was the cole slaw.. I ate a lot…wow!  Plus the six slices of white bread and butter.

I tried all three BBQ sauces…my favorite was the House…next the Hot Sauce….last the Honey Mustard…it just seemed too runny for me.  Maybe…I needed to shake the bottle a little harder or longer.  Or maybe the meat was so good I didn’t need any sauce.

This is a new business started by the former owners of Waldo’s.  They have a lovely outdoor patio…but it was just too cold to sit out there tonight.

Mike Thompson and I both agree...this is the best BBQ that we have tasted so far in the Valley.



Caldwell County BBQ
18324 E. Nunneley Road
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
(480) 201-4891
caldwellcountybbq,com
Hours:  Daily 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment