Sunday, March 3, 2019

March 2, 2019 - Los Dos Molinas - Phoenix, Arizona


I visited on March 2, 2019 with Carol Richmond, Pat Stetler and Pat Erska.   We had just toured the Mystery Castle..and had driven clear to the top of South Mountain Park to the Dobbins Lookout. We were served chips with red salsa and green salsa.  The red was really hot but I loved it.  I have not been here since about 2009.  I ordered the two Garlic Roasted Pork tacos with beans and rice…so good.  The tacos were loaded with pork..delicious.  I also ordered a frozen house margarita…it will become a tradition for me with any visit here.  Dessert – Chocolate flan…my first time of tasting chocolate flan…this was a tall flan..very hearty..not custardy like…with a sauce which I thought was a dark cherry…dollops of whipping cream.  I really liked it.

Everyone else ordered a Tostado.


Ground Beef Tostado


Two Garlic Roasted Pork Tacos with beans and rice

Los Dos Molinos
8646 S. Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
(602) 680-4040
Hours:  Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
               Friday 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 a. m.
               Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
              Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
losdosmolinosphoenix.com

New Mexican red and Hatch green chiles (Hatch Valley) are the foundations of the New Mexican-style Mexican food.  

History:  This restaurant is located in Tom Mix’s old house.
As of 2015 there were three locations

Voted Second Best Mas Picante by Phoenix Magazine in 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment