Sunday, May 30, 2021

May 25, 2021 - Rodizio Grill - Mesa, Arizona

Vera Jenkins, Cathy Lindholm and I went to the Rodizio Grill for dinner.  It is Restaurant Week in the Valley…this happens twice a year.  A lot of restaurants in the Valley participate.  The meals served as either $33 or $44…and you usually save about $20 or more on the meals…this one wasn’t that great because if you went there and ordered it would be $39.99…but our meal included two bottomless drinks and dessert..so we were able to try some things for free.

Cathy ordered a drink…and Vera ordered wine…I ordered one of the drinks….Brazilian Limeade with Raspberry juice.  I really liked it.

Then we went through the salad bar…I had some Caesar Salad, cucumbers, Toasted Coconut Cole Slaw, olives…and I tried the Pao de Queijo – Brazilian Cheese Bread...(I should have taken a couple slices of this) and the Polenta – lightly fried cornmeal dusted with Parmesan cheese (which I liked).

Once we returned to our table there was the wooden block by the salt and pepper, etc. one end had a square painted green..and the other end had a square painted red.  We put the block on our table with the green block up…the Gauchos (Meat Servers) would come around with skewer of meat..and tell us what it was…and we could have them cut us a piece.  Our cutlery also included a small tong….that’s what we would use to  grab onto the meat…and the Gaucho would finish cutting it for us.

 I tried:

Picanha – top sirloin – lean, juicy cut of beef with a mild flavor
Bife Com Alho – tender steak based in garlic seasonings
Maminha – seasoned tri tip sirloin….this was one cut that I really liked.
Bife com Parmesao – steak grilled in Parmesan cheese…this was my favorite piece of beef

Frango Com Bacon – lean, juicy chicken breast wrapped in bacon
Sobre Coxa – marinated and seasoned chicken – a special Rodizio recipe

Linugica – a very mild and flavorful Brazilian sausage
Lombo Com Queijo – a tender cut of pork, served with parmesan cheese and bacon
Presunto – a lean cut of ham grilled to perfection – my favorite of the pork choices

Abacaxi – fresh glazed and grilled pineapple – we had many slices of this…especially with the Presunto…

Dessert:  Rabanda or chocolate Brigadeiro Cake…I really liked the Robanda.  It was like an oval shaped fried dough infused with this wonderful tasting custard with a whipped cream consistency…and the dough rolled in sugar and cinnamon.  Those pieces of shaped fried dough are really Brazilian or Portuguese  French Toast.

What a fun experience.  If I ever went there again I would eat my salad bar as I was eating the different meats… we tried some of the whipped mashed potatoes…

Rodizio Grill
1840 S. Val Vista Dr
Mesa, Arizona 85204
(480) 813-5400
Hours:  Monday – Thursday  5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Friday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment