Saturday, March 12, 2022

March 1, 2022 - The Gladly - Phoenix, Arizona

 I visited with my son, Joshua and one of his colleagues, Tracey.  

All of us ordered The Original Chopped Salad.  Joshua had it with the salmon…but Tracey and I ordered it with steak – it was served with couscous – arugula – pepitas – Asiago cheese – currants – dried super sweet corn – marinated tomatoes – buttermilk and herb dressing.  This is their signature dish.  It was delicious.  I am not a big couscous fan but it was perfect in this salad.  The waiter mixed my salad for me at the table…fantastic…the buttermilk dressing was superb.


Original Chopped Salad



At first  I wanted the Steak Salad because it had the bourbon soaked cherries in it…so Joshua ordered me a side order of cherries.  I also had the dessert – Whiskey Bread Pudding with homemade vanilla ice cream…delicious.  It look somewhat like French Toast but it
was a nice thick soaked bread which had the consistency of a custard.  It was really too much for me…but I enjoyed every bite.



Whiskey Bread Pudding

The Gladly
Phoenix, Arizona 85016-3431
(602) 759-8132
thegladly.com
Fare:  New American
Hours:  Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
             Saturday 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
             Sunday – Closed

2201 E. Camelback Road


No comments:

Post a Comment