Sunday, July 3, 2022

June 3, 2022 - Princess Mediterranean Restaurant and Market - Mesa, Arizona

 

My sister and her husband, Willie took me to this restaurant in celebration on my 74th birthday.

Jeanne ordered the gyro plate.  Willie ordered the Chicken and Beef Shawarma Combo.  I ordered the Beef Shawarma – slice marinated beef with tahini sauce.  Each plate was served with hummus, rice and a garden salad with pita bread.

I asked what the shawarma meant and the young man explained to me that it designated the method in which it was cooked.

 The hummus was the best and the creamiest I have ever eaten.   Each was served with tahini sauce…but their choices of sauces were also the cucumber based one… and I believe that is the Tzatziki sauce or the garlic sauce which is garlic and mashed potato base.



Willie's Chicken and Beef Shawarma Combo

 


Jeanne's Gyro Plate



My Beef Shawarma


Dessert:  three baklava – walnut (the one eaten the most) – pistachio  - cashew…and they were delicious – each with a very distinctive taste…the cashew had a very nutty, sweet taste…I really like the pistachio…but they were all good.



The Baklava - left the Walnut...center the Pistachio...and right..the cashew
(I liked all of them...but I liked the pistachio the best.)

Princess Mediterranean Restaurant and Market
2620 W. Broadway Rd
Mesa, AZ 85202
 (480) 894-1490
  Hours:  Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
               Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
               Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment