Monday, June 10, 2024

June 2, 2024 - Society - Tempe

 June 3 was my 76th Birthday.  My son and daughter-in-law  invited me to dinner to celebrate with them and my two grandsons.  

It is a funky looking interior but the menu looked delicious and it was difficult to make a decision. I ordered a Bloody Mary….and then couldn’t make up my mind for dinner.  Joshus ordered appetizers.

 Pork Belly – 7-day cured Iberico pork belly – arugula – picked red onion – goat cheese – tare – sour apple gelee  - lemon vinaigrette.  My first time trying this and it was really good…and I liked the bed of salad type of presenting it.

 Whipped Feta Dip – feta-garlic honey drizzle – ciabatta – pita  - divine.  I was in heaven…it was presented beautifully…and it tasted even more wonderful.  My favorite – I am looking for a recipe…stay tuned.

 Arancini – Risotto – Mozzerella – Peas – House Made Pomodora and Calabrian Aioli.

 Judson ordered  Chicken Alfredo – house made tagliatelle pasta – Adobo chicken Alfredo with parsley.

 Jonah ordered Penne alla vodka  – house made penne pasta with tomato and parmesan.  He added a meatball.

 Jody and Joshua shared a Mushroom Pasta – house made tagliatelle pasts with Mushroom Crema – shallot – garlic – mushroom – parmesan.

 I ordered the Pound of Mussels – Portuguese garlic cream sauce – Calabrian Chili – caper butter – ciabatta.  I loved it…the sauce was very spicey… I love just it…It had a very fiery bite to it.  Perfect for me…after all I am of Calabrian descent.

 At the start of the dining experience Jody told the waiter it was my birthday…and he gave me the choice of  a shot…or the Italian doughnut hole dessert…was there a choice?  Of course not…I chose the dessert – four huge hot out of the grease doughnut holes…placed in a small bowl with ice cream in the center...with a strawberry topping.  Yummy!

 The whole dining experience was just wonderful.

Society
Cornerstone
920 E. University Dr #204
Tempe, Arizona 85288
(480) 550-7801
Hours:  Daily 4:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.

Note - I took a big portion of my mussels home.  I heated them up in a sauce pan one day for lunch. They were delicious along with the Garlic Crisps which was a birthday present from AJ's - Arcadia District.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment