Thursday, March 27, 2014

Goode's Q and Bayou Grill Gone

Cindy Smith and I drove to Great Falls on March 18th.  We would be staying overnight in the city in order to catch the early morning flight to Minneapolis and then on to Washington, D.C.  As always we began to discuss where we would go for dinner.  I asked her, "Have you ever eaten at Goode's Q and Bayou Grill?"  She never had so we decided to have dinner there.  I explained to her that it just the best southern food...BBQ...gumbo...Jambalaya...etc.


I was beginning to hunger for my favorite....the huge bowl of Seafood Gumbo....it was served with very large whole shrimp…and you could taste the pieces of scallops in the juice of the gumbo which was delicious but had a kick to it that only enhanced the whole taste of the serving.  All this...and a big piece of cornbread with lots of butter.


Another favorite of mine was the Pork Platter...the juiciest...tastiest BBQ...served with a choice of two sides.


When we arrived at the restaurant...there was no trace of it ever being there.  What a haunting feeling...had I been trapped in a time machine.  We finally tracked down some people in the bar next door.  They told us that they had moved to Billings.  What devastating news.  I guess I will have to begin looking for the restaurant in Billings.


Great Falls doesn't seem able to keep good eating places.  I spent the evening thinking about all of the really good restaurants had opened in Great Falls...and closed in a very short time.   Here are some of my old favorites....let me know about some of yours that are no longer in business.


The Breaks Ale House and Grill
Bear Grass Grille
Mozart's Bistro
Ristorante Portofino
Sedgies




                            







No comments:

Post a Comment