Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 1, 2014 - Sitar - Santa Curz, California

Neal Savage and I went to see The Hundred Foot Journey….about an Indian family who moved to France….they owned a restaurant in India…so decided to start a new one in France…just across the street from the big One Star Michelin restaurant.

About half way through the movie I was thinking that all the good food in the movie was making me think about maybe Indian food…just as Neal leaned over and said, “I am beginning to think that we should have Indian food for dinner.”  And so we did.

We went to Sitar…we ordered the buffet…Neal  had the Marsala Chicken add on…and I had a Tandoori Chicken add on…both dishes were marinated chicken cooked in a clay oven with lots of spices and herbs….but each tasted completely different…very good.  Off the buffet we tried Daal Tadka – yellow lentils with special spices…I really liked this…also tried a red bean mixture…and I loved that..went back for seconds…tried a chickpea fritter… and  dish that I didn’t get the name... was like a stir fry with okra…it was my least favorite…but then I don’t like cooked okra…but of all the cooked okra I have tried this was the best…rice with peas..and flatbread.   What I liked the best about the Indian food is the use of the spices…delightful eating….plus it is just darn good.


We shared a Mango Lassi – a yogurt drink served with mango pulp.  

No comments:

Post a Comment