Monday, October 6, 2014

October 3, 2014 - Cafe Cruz - Soquel, California


Rose ordered Linguini, Gulf Shrimp & New Bedford Sea Scallops  - fava beans, roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, smoked prosciutto with butter white wine sauce .


Neal ordered -  ½ Garlic Herb garlic aioli  - cooked on the spit.


I ordered Applewood Smoked Boneless Pork Chops with  molasses cured house made applesauce .  I was not happy with the first pork chop that I cut and ate….but the restaurant redeemed itself with the second pork chop…it was cooked exactly the way I like my pork chops cooked.  I chose the mashed potatoes and the steamed artichoke heart…that was very good as was the sauce..almost like a hot mustard sauce that was served with the heart for dipping.


Dessert – Rose – Polar Bear Famous Mud Pie - Coffee ice cream, Chocolate cookie crust, fudge,  House made whipped cream, Toasted almonds .   Neal – Black China Bakery Mile High Chocolate Cake with Fresh whipped cream.

I would have to say that I want to try this café on one of my next trips.  After some quiet time at home I realized how much the noise in a café affects the dining experience.  We were seated in the bar…and the talking was at a very loud roar.

Café Cruz
2621 41st Avenue
Soquel, California
(831) 476-3801

Hours:
            Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m.  – 9:00 p.m.
            Friday – 10:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
            Saturday – 11:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
            Sunday – 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment