Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 22, 2015 - Prickly Pear Festival - Superior, Arizona

I went to Superior for the 4th Annual Prickly Pear Festival with the Thesman Active Singles Group. Irma Heasley and I left at 5:15 a.m. - well ahead of everyone else because we were doing the 6:30 a.m. hike - the first event of the Festival.

About 2.5 hours later...after finishing the hike...and I got in 12, 920 steps before 9:00 a.m.  we drove to the site for the Pancake Breakfast served with Prickly Pear Syrup...cooked by the Fire Department crews..and located between the Fire Station and Porter's Bar and Grill.  Thick...cake like pancakes were served piping hot…made by the fireman…along with scrambled eggs and fried pieces of ham…and the great part…one of your drink choices was milk.  I love these people…I love milk with pancakes.  Sandy Wilts told me later that she thinks the prickly pear tastes like the rosehips.  I didn’t even think of that…that good information



My plate of pancakes covered with prickly pear syrup, eggs and ham.


I wanted to show you a close up of the syrup so you could see the consistency of the syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment