Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4, 2015 - Taco Bell - Mesa, Arizona!

I usually don't talk about fast food chains in this blog, but I must tell you about this one.  First of all one of my passions is baseball.  I have become an avid D-Backs fan.  For every game if the D-Backs have 5 or more runs, everyone in the Valley is able to go to Taco Bell the next day between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. for three free tacos...with a purchase of a large drink.  So for $1.93 (and that includes tax) you get dinner.

Sandy Wilts and I ususally run over to our brand new local Taco Bell almost at the corner of Main and Power.  The place is always packed with D-Back fans.  Most everyone comes dressed in their
D-Back wear.  We are now seeing our neighbors over there.  We are fast becoming friends with people from the area.  What a hoot!

I spent last week with my grandsons in Scottsdale.  I now have them on the plan.  Three times last week we went to the Taco Bell in Scottsdale that is on Frank Lloyd Wright and #101 for our D-Back Special.

You get your choice of hard shell or soft shell.  Last night the D-Backs beat the Nationals 6-4!  So Sandy and I went there for dinner after our afternoon tour of the David and Gladys Wright Home in Phoenix.  This is the last residential building that Frank Lloyd Wright designed and built. David is one of his sons.

The purchase and refurbishing of this home caught my eye when I read an article about it in the newspaper:

"David and Gladys lived in the house from 1952 until David’s death in 1997 at age 102 and Gladys’ death in 2008 at age 104. They carved out a portion of their original 10-acre estate for their son, David, Jr., who built a Lloyd Wright designed home and raised his daughters on the property."


I like the soft shell and Sandy loves the hard shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment