Friday, August 28, 2015

August 26, 2015 - The Harp Pub - Mesa, Arizona

Sandy Wilts and I visited The Harp Pub on Wednesday afternoon after a shopping trip to Barnes and Noble in the Dana Park Mall. We decided to do Happy Hour.  Sandy ordered the house wine.  I ordered a Smithwick's (my favorite beer during my first two-week visit to Ireland...yes...even better than Guinness.)   I decided to try their Cornish Pasty.  It was a flakier pasty than my favs in Montana.  It was filled with ground beef, cubed potatoes, carrots and onions...served with brown gravy.  It was homemade and tasted delicious despite the fact that I am used to more of a bread dough...pieces of chunked roast...large cubes of potatoes, carrots and onions.  It was more refined than those eaten by the Montana miners.




  

I am showing you two views so that you are able to see the crust and the height of the pasty.

The Harp Pub
1722 S. Val Vista Drive
Mesa, Arizona 85204
(480) 507-7827
Hours:  Open Daily 11;00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment