Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 23, 2016 - Margaritas Grill - Mesa, Arizona

Today I went on the 16th Annual Historic Home Tour brought to us by the Mesa Historical Museum. It was a very large tour.  Eighteen homes/buildings were on the tour.  We were able to visit eight of the them.  The tour was from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.  I believe that we started about 12:30 p.m.  Next year I am starting right at 10:00 a.m.  I thought it was wonderful having so many sites because that provided for an even amount of people at each home.  I have to say that the homes I saw we lovely. So many have been restored.  I really enjoyed the homes that accented so well so many antiques.  My favorite was the home located at 604  N. Grand.

I went with Howard and Gloria Marble as well as Estelle and Bruce Birza.  They are all neighbors of mine at Las Palmas.

We went to the Margaritas Grill for lunch.  The service began with chips and salsa.  I thought both were quite tasty…and I did love the sauce. I promptly dropped it all over the table covering which fortunately was  paper…thank God!  


Gloria and Bruce ordered the Cheese Relleno – Pablo chile stuffed with Monterrey Jack cheese and smothered with house salsa and melted Monterrey Jack Cheese.


Howard ordered the Chile Rellano de Pollo – Pablo chile stuffed with shredded chicken and Monterrey Jack cheese and smothered with house salsa and  melted Monterrey Jack Cheese.

Estelle and I ordered the Three Flautaus – Shredded Beef.    All dishes were served with Spanish Rice and a choice of  Refried, Black or Borracho Beans.   I chose the Borraho – which is a whole pinto bean dish…everyone else ordered Black Beans.



I thought that my meal was very good.  However, there wasn’t anything about it that moved it to excellent.  I would visit again.

And we each ordered a margarita – Estelle, Howard and Gloria ordered the Strawberry Margarita…I ordered the Blue Agave Margarita…and Bruce ordered the Original Margarita.  I thought the margaritas were way too expensive.  And even though the menu said that the restaurant wouldn’t split bills for a table of 5 or more…and a 20% gratuity would automatically be added, we asked and the waitress was more than accommodating to do that.  Good because I have always believed that the refusal to do separate checks is an example of no customer service.  I have always felt this is a very business practice.



The Blue Agave Margarita 


The Strawberry Margarita

Margaritas Grill
10 W. Main Street
Mesa, Arizona 85201
(480) 969-5812
Hours:  11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.   Tuesday – Thursday
              11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.  Friday and Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment