Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 1, 2017 - Kitchen 56 - Phoenix, Arizona

I visited on January 17, 2019 with Carol Thompson.   I thought I was taking her to where I had dinner one evening with Kelli Jo Welk but it looked completely different…and yet I cannot find another restaurant in the area that looks like the one where we went…so I am thinking they have remodeled.

Anyway I liked this one.  Carol ordered the BLT with fries.  I ordered the special 1/ 2 Caesar Salad and a bowl of Creamy Potato, Bacon and Cheddar Soup….served with toasted Artisan bread.  I thought the soup was too thick but it tasted very good.  The salad looked and tasted as if it had been in the refrigerator for two days.  Carol’s BLT, now was delicious…and the fries were marvelous.

I plan to visit again.  I am thinking it was just a bad day for the Special.



Special - 1/ 2 Caesar Salad and a Bowl of Creamy Potato, Bacon and Cheddar Soup



BLT with Fries

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I visited with my friend, Kelli Jo Welk on F

ebruary 1, 2017.  It was our monthly dinner date.  Off the Happy Hour Menu we ordered the Tomato Basil Bruschetta which we liked.  The tomato and basil mixture was heaped on the slices of bread.  We also liked the bread which was crusty on the outside but soft in the middle.  I have to tell you that Kelli and I went to Italy in 2007.  We traveled through the entire country…eating bruschetta everywhere we went.

We shared the Pepperoni pizza from the wood fired oven (could have been oak…could have been pecan wood) – pepperoni, fresh mozzarella with San Marzano sauce.  We both liked the thin crust of the pizza.  We are not doughy crust pizza eaters.  The pizza had lots of cheese and pepperoni on the crust as well as sauce.  I like that…more ingredients than crust.


Kitchen 56
3433 56th Street
Phoenix,  AZ 85018
(480) 994-5656
Hours:  Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m.. – 9:00 p.m.
               Friday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
                Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 10:00p.m.
               Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

This restaurant is set in an old gas station on the corner of 56th Street and Indian School in the Arcadia District of Phoenix.  The owners were able “to reuse the main building even keeping the original bays to frame the artsy desert light that rolls down” from the “fisheye view of the iconic Camelback Mountain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment