Friday, October 27, 2017

October 21, 2017 - The Farm at South Mountain - Phoenix, Arizona

I visited  with Carol Thompson.  We ate at the Farm Kitchen where lunch was being served…cafeteria style.  Carol ordered the Old Fashioned  Turkey on potato bread…slow roasted pulled turkey, organic field greens… a big hearty sandwich...homemade cranberry relish with chipotle mayo.  It was a mixture of white and dark meat…which I would not have liked.  I eat only chicken and turkey white meat.  She also ordered the Shangri La iced tea…green tea…and completed her meal with a bag of sweet potato chips…dessert:  brownie.




Old Fashioned Turkey Sandwich

I ordered the Egg Salad Sandwich on potato bread…Hickman’s Farm eggs, green onions, celery mayo and organic field greens…yummy!  I love egg salad sandwiches but you rarely find them on a menu…so I always take advantage of having one when I do…and I knew this one would be good because the actual farm produces so much of the fresh ingredients for the meals.  You just know these eggs were picked this morning…but most likely the day before today.  It was delicious. 



Egg Salad Sandwich

I ordered the Raspberry Cooler Ice Tea..and loved it..not sweetened at all.  Dessert:  Pecan Shortbread cookie.   It was difficult passing up the Peanut Butter Cookie but…another time.



Pecan Shortbread Cookie


We sat outside in the picnic area under the trees…and ate our lunch.  We were quite happy with everything.  The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything.


And because it 'tis the Season...



No comments:

Post a Comment