Saturday, February 10, 2018

February 8, 2018 - Board & Batten - Mesa, Arizona

My friend Carol Thompson and I drove to North Scottsdale for our doctor appointments.  We decided to drive back to the Mesa area for lunch as it wa getting later in the afternoon and we didn't want to be caught in the beginnings of the rush hour traffic.

Since I have never taken Carol to the Bistro Ala Mode we decided that we would go there. Well, the name of the restaurant has changed to Board & Batten.  It is still located on the Stonebridge Manor grounds but is no longer in the Manor.

Brand new building…lots of tables..and a beautiful patio where we sat almost the rest of the afternoon.  Carol ordered the Southwest Chicken Salad  Croissant.  It looked delicious.  I had eaten this sandwich several times before when the Bistro ala Mode was located in the Manor.

When you look at all the pictures I have posted you will see that each time we were served I was so excited I would forget to take a picture before we started tasting.  That pretty much describes me and food.


Southwest Chicken Salad Croissant


Shepherd's Pie

I ordered the Shepherd’s Pie – house ground tenderloin, carrots, onions, peas all covered on top with mashed potatoes.  New item…I loved it.  We also enjoyed iced raspberry and jasmine tea.  Dessert:  Forks around for a Lemon Cake with Raspberry drizzle served with three beautiful puffs of raspberry cream.  Yummy!




Our wait staff was just so friendly, helpful and efficient!  I must brag that the day was sunny, still and beautiful...perfect afternoon...what a lovely setting.

Board  & Batten
A Modern Bistro
4012 East Palm Street
Mesa, Arizona 85215
(480) 641-4148
Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
             Friday – Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
             Sunday  - Monday Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment