Sunday, March 4, 2018

March 4, 2018 - The Thumb - Scottsdale, Arizona

I visited on March 4, 2018 after watching Jonah’s hockey game at the Ice Den with Jonah, Judson, Jody and Joshua Hayes.  Joshua ordered the Cuban Sandwich  (Smoked pulled pork, ham, Swiss, mayo, mustard, pickles on ciabatta roll).…Judson ordered the two-meat platter that was served with Texas toast, pickles, baked beans and cole slaw…Jody and I each ordered the three BBQ tacos…one chicken…one pulled pork…and one beef brisket (served in flour tortillas with cortija cheese and red cabbage)  The tacos were huge .  We should have shared.  Jonah, no problem…he ordered the grilled cheese sandwich.

I really liked my tacos.  The meat tasted marvelous.  I liked the moistness of the meat. The tacos were huge...very filling.

I had also ordered a cup of the Loaded Potato Soup.  The young man had to tell me that there was no more left…so I could have my choice of a side.  I needed time to think…I tasted Judson’s baked beans and they were delicious so I told him that I wanted the baked beans.  He thought I should get one more side since the soup was $5 and the baked beans $2…I chose the cherry pie. (Joshua thought I should have chosen 2 pieces of cherry pie.)

Now another kid came over and brought me the baked beans and told me that they were out of the cherry pie.  Really??  Isn’t that the way my life has been unfolding lately.  Well, the nice young man didn’t think that was fair…so he brought us a plate of five cookies…and they were deliciouls…one snickerdoddle..two toffee chip cookies…and two brownies.  (The baked goods here are delicious.)

I have to say this young man showed managerial talent.  I wish that I would have asked him his name.  His boss needs to know about his decision when the other young man was just…that’s too bad…sorry!

I go there all the time…and young man’s decision to first of all offer me two sides..and when that didn’t work out…brought a plate of cookies.  I walked out of there very happy girl!  A very good meal that could have left a bad taste in my mouth…ended up perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment