Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March 6, 2018 - Jalapeno Buck's - Mesa, Arizona

I visited this eatery after playing bridge at Leisure World with Cathy Lindholm and Marilyn Stavros.


It is a walk-up place right smack in the middle of Buck’s family orange grove…one of the oldest in Arizona…B & B Citrus Farms.  Actually pretty neat…lots of people sitting around on picnic tables.

Cathy and Marilyn the Burro Combo Plate…this huge burrito served with refried beans, rice and macaroni or cole slaw.  They each said that it was very good.  Marilyn liked the cole slaw, the rice and refried beans.

I ordered the 1/ 4 pound Pulled Pork Sandwich topped with cole slaw.  This was served on a huge bun.  I had to get a knife and fork to eat some of the meat before trying to eat it as a sandwich because it was so huge.  I put the Buck’s Sauce on my meat.

What I really liked about this meat was  - it wasn’t greasy –it tasted very good.  It was my type of BBQ…not cooked with the sauce on the meat.  You add your own sauce.  I love it this way because you get the opportunity to taste the meat as it was cooked…and it tasted wonderful.



Burrito Combo Plate


1/4 Pound Pulled Pork Sandwich Topper the Cole Slaw

Jalapeno Buck’s
3434 N. Val Vista Drive
Mesa, Arizona
(480) 459-3060
jalapenobucks.com



Outside of the Eatery

No comments:

Post a Comment