Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 19, 2018 - Sugar Jam Bake Shop and Bistro - Scottsdale, Arizona

After a morning spent at the Scottsdale Museum of the West with Mike and Carol Thompson we went to lunch at the Sugar Jam Bake Shop and Bistro in Scottsdale.


I ordered the Parisian Style French Toast – Big, thick slices of French Bread marinated in Grand Marnier, grilled with Saigon cinnamon and served with run pecan maple syrup – applewood bacon (crisp) and two scrambled eggs.  I liked my breakfast…especially the great tasting syrup.  My meal was very filling.  What made me unhappy was that I ordered a cup of coffee with my meal and it was cold..not tepid..cold…had I wanted cold coffee I would have ordered iced coffee…but I didn’t complain.  Our server finally got around to asking us if we needed anything else..and I asked for a re-fill…that was also cold…not acceptable.  I was not happy with her service.   My food was fabulous…the service not so fabulous!



Parisian Style French Toast with Scrambled Eggs and Applewood Bacon


Mike ordered the Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork with Cowboys Beans (which he really liked) but he thought his sandwich was good but that it did not reach the excellent status.

Carol ordered which amounted to a BLT…and it looked fresh.  It was served with chips and a pickle…and she had to ask where her chips and pickle were.

So even though I was happy with my food…they fall very short on service.

Sugar Jam Bake Shop and Bistro

7950 E. Redfield Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
(480) 948-6210
Hours:  Tuesday -  Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
                               Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment