Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 20, 2018 - Wright's at the Biltmore - Phoenix, Arizona


We were celebrating my Judson’s 16th birthday.  I sat down and was served coffee and a menu…so I ordered the Waffle with Dried Cherries topped with whipped goat cheese, toasted almonds, and maple syrup…it was delicious. The goat cheese was smooth...and delicious...slightly sweet. They served these one quarter of a waffle at a time…but I liked that because I wanted to try so many different items..and this way…one wasn’t stuffed.

I walked to the one area and  chose Calabrese salami (one of my favorite salamis…large thin slices...perfect tasting....Black Forest salami…a savory sage cheese…thin slices of toasted baguette…olives…Schreiner’s homemade turkey sausage…my first time trying any of the Schreiner's products.  Now I want to go visit the store.  Acutally I wonder if they give tours of sausage production.

My next plate adventure:
Jumbo shrimp…crab claws…cocktail sauce…a chunk of pita bread.  The shrimp were very large and tasty.  The crab claws were my favorite...just give them a little twist and you are able to pick out a large chunk as well as small pieces...I love cocktail sauce and this was went well with the shrimp and the crab meat.  Yesty but not too sharp.

Third trip:
More of the shrimb…crab claws…more Schreiner’s sausage…cheddar cheese…drunken goat cheese…I loved the drunken goat cheese...a very smooth and mild tasting cheese...it was served with pistachios on top.

Desert trip:
Vanilla Bean Mousse…Orange brulee in a spoon, boysenberry cheesecake…banana mousse…yummy.  My favorite was the orange brulee served in Chinese spoon that I would use for eating soup. This was my first orange brulee ever...and I am sure that the slice of what looked like a tiny ornage came from one of the trees off the patio...but I can't remember the name of the fruit.

The service was excellent.

Our brunch was expensive...$48.95...but I thought well worth it for the selection of food and the quality.


Wright’s at the Biltmore
Arizona Biltmore
2400 E. Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
(602) 955-6600
Hours:  3:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.

             Our Sunday Brunch Reservations were at 12:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment