Thursday, September 28, 2023

September 9, 2023 - Elysian Fields Artisan Bakery & Dainties - Mesa, Arizona

 

Thee is a new bakery in the ‘hood…and it is delicious…first Gabriel asked me if I liked vanilla or orange…and I said, “Orange.”  He gave me a free orange short bread cookie.  It was a thick cookie…but what amazed me is how long the taste of orange stayed in my mouth.  Delicious!  They have at least 20 different flavors of short bread...and I am going to try all of them.

I decided to try a Carrot Cake Loaf - and bought a Vanilla Cream Tart (they have both large and small)...I chose the large...it was delicious - so soft and velvety smooth.

Pecan - Caramel - Chocolate Bon Bon - they make their own candies....and this was delicious.

German Chocolate Cake - Chocolate Bon Bon  - this one, though was my favorite.  I love German Chocolate Cake...and when I took my first tiny bite...it was heaven.

Almond Croissant - delicious - this was fresh with lots of layers...and the inside had this creamy almond type paste.  I really liked.  I would go back for more.

 

Elysian Fields Artisan Bakery & Dainties
6727 E. McDowell Road
Mesa, Arizona
(480) 590-0646

I took my friend Rhona there on September 15, 2023.  They gave her a free short bread cookie...and she chose the pineapple flavor...and loved it.

We also had a chocolate au pain...I had mine with hot coffee.  We sat outside on their patio...at the tables with cloth tablecloths...and on each table was a vase of fresh flowers.  The atmosphere is just splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment