Monday, September 29, 2014

September 27, 2014 - Rocco's Ristorante and Pizzeria - Walnut Creek, California

Oops! I almost forgot this one - Dinner with Jim Granier and Jeanine Caron on Saturday evening.

Jim and Jeanine split the House Salad…the romaine and iceberg lettuce came loaded with kidney, cannellini and cece’ beans as well as sliced beets, dried cranberries, shredded carrots, olives and cucumbers.  I think the three of us could have easily shared the salad.  We didn’t order the Family size because it fed 5-6 people.

I ordered the 1/ 2 Caesar Salad…and it was wonderful….tangy…I could taste the anchovy….loved it. It came with the large thin slices of Parmesan Cheese…homemade croutons and the Rocco original dressing.

We ordered The Dominator (house specialty) – pepperoni, salami, mushrooms, ham,  linguica, sausage and onions…it was delicious…loaded…and no tomato sauce on this pizza…we ordered thin crust…lots of cheese.  (History tidbit:  The Dominator is named after Rocco’s youngest son, Dominic.


Jim and I each drank a Peroni beer...Jeanine chose the Heineken 

Sorry...no pictures...I was so excited when the pizza arrived I forgot to take pictures.

Rocco’s Ristorante  and Pizzeria
2909 Ygnacio Valley Road
Walnut Creek, California
(Corner of Oak Grove and Ygnacio)
(925) 947-6105

No comments:

Post a Comment