Monday, November 17, 2014

November 16, 2014 - Porter's Bar and Grill - Superior, Arizona

After a good part of the morning and afternoon at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum, my visitors from Montana...Jo Martin and Linda Hoover...drove into Superior for a burger at Porter’s Bar and Grill.

Jo ordered the 1/ 3 pound Hamburger and added avocado.  Linda Hoover ordered the same but added bacon and cheese for a delicious looking Cheeseburger. 

I couldn’t resist.  I had to order the Superior Burger – green chilis, bacon and pepper jack cheese.  It is the signature burger at Porter's.

 The burgers were about two inches thick.  Once the green chilis, bacon and pepper jack cheese were added to the lettuce, tomato and onion I couldn’t take one whole bite.  I know I have a “big mouth” but it just wasn’t big enough to take a whole bite of the burger.  I thoroughly enjoyed my burger…and I think that Jo and Linda enjoyed theirs as much as I did.

Each of us added a glass of ice tea…promoted as “the best ice tea in Arizona.”…and it was.



Linda Hoover's Cheeseburger with Bacon

 

Jo proudly displays her Regular Burger with avocado 


My Superior Burger - came loaded with green chilis, bacon and pepper jack cheese.  It is Porter's signature burger.



The interior of the bar was loaded with old posters, flags from different countries, sports team pennants.  My favorite was  the “Barry Goldwater For President”  poster…and of course, the University of Montana Grizzlies pennant.  They even had a Chicago Black Hawk 2014 Stanley Cup Champions pennant hanging.  Plus there were a couple of old bar outdoor signs hanging up inside…décor of the bar was laid back and very relaxing.





Porter’s Bar and Grill
404 W. Main Street
Superior, AZ 85173
(520) 689-5003

No comments:

Post a Comment