Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 29, 2014 - Pizza A Metro - Gilbert, Arizona

I visited  with Joshua and Judson Hayes.  Joshua ordered the soup of the day…and it was Straccialella.  When this soup is being served everyone has to try it because it is handmade by the order.  I call it Italian Egg Drop Soup.  This one had slice meatballs in the soup.  It was creamy.  The egg was perfect…and just the right Parmesan cheese.  Delicious.  Judson ordered the Spaghetti Bolgnese…only he doesn’t like spaghetti so we asked if we could substitute penne and they were more than happy to do that.  Bolgnese is my favorite.  The penne was cooked perfectly and the red meat sauce tasted wonderful.  I will return here often whenever I would like to have Italian food.

I did not order because we were leaving the third game of the hockey tournament in Gilbert and Judson's team this year gives me heart burn.  I couldn't have eaten a thing...and I was disappointed but I will return.

This is no regular pizza joint.  The original eatery is on Thomas Road in central Phoenix. It is good to have another site out in the East Valley.  I should also note that it is no longer owned by Chef Maurizio Benforte. 


No comments:

Post a Comment