Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 17, 2014 - Babbo Italian Eatery - Phoenix, Arizona

After we left the day at the Heard Museum we met friend, Kelli Jo Welk for dinner at Babbo Italian Eatery.

The meal began with the Oil Bread and a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dip.  I told them to put another three loaves in the oven because I was Italian and hadn’t eaten Oil Bread in a long time.

Jo ordered the special for the evening – Spaghetti and Meatballs – Marinara Sauce, 2 large Meatballs, Parmesan, Oregano, Basil.  Since she saved so much money she also ordered The Pomodoro Tomato to begin her meal – whole skinless plum tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Fresh Basil.

Kelli Jo ordered the Quattro Formaggi Pizza -  Marinara Sauce, Mozzarella, Gouda, Provolone and Parmesan Cheeses topped with Oregano and Basil.

Linda ordered the Chicken Alfredo Pizza – Alfredo Sauce, roasted Chicken, Red Onion, Baked Spaghettini, Mozzarella, Parmesan.


I ordered the Babbo’s Bowl O’Bolognese – Marinara Sauce, Ground Beef, thyme, Bay Leaves, Garlic and Romano Cheese…served on Sphaghettini…but I asked to substitute Penne.  They were more than happy to do that for me.  It was delicious and I loved it.  I am sure it was because of the Romano Cheese.  I am half Italian…was served homemade Italian food my whole life but I am not crazy about pasta.   But this dish was perfect for me…the price was right…the atmosphere was right…the company was perfect.  Great meal.

Babbo Italian Eatery
6855 N. 16th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602) 279-1500

No comments:

Post a Comment