Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 7, 2015 - Avery's Kitchen - Port Aransas, Texas

I visited there with Jo Martin and Jan Wiberg.  Jan Wiberg ordered the 5 oz. .hamburger with a cup of Broccoli Soup.  Jo and I ordered one of the specials  - Sirloin steak and shrimp with one side (we both ordered the baked potato) and included soup and salad.

The meal was a darn good down home meal.  The meat tasted great…the baked potato came loaded..and the soup was pureed…so I liked it because I don’t care for the big pieces of broccoli in my broccoli cheese soup.  The pickled beets on the salad bar were absolutely perfect.  I know that they were homemade.

This restaurant is never in any of the brochures that are advertising eating places for the area. But I would not only eat there again but I would  recommend it to anyone who would like just a good regular meal.  This special cost us $14.95.  I don't think there is another place in this country whee you could buy this great tasting meal for that price.  Anywhere else this meal would start at $20+.

Avery’s Kitchen
200 West Avenue G
Port Aransas, TX 78373

No comments:

Post a Comment